Friday, May 27, 2011

9 months

So I've spent months trying to build a boat now they won't let me register it.

Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Cartopper is ready to float.

Still a few little things left to do, but we will take it out this weekend whether they are done our not.

Sunday, May 15, 2011

Interior painted

Thanks to the wonderful work of my wife the interior of the boat has finally been painted. I'll post a picture tomorrow.

Monday, May 9, 2011

More clamps

I need more clamps. Brought the motor home. Also decided to mount the seats directly to the side. Over the weekend I also bought a cheap belt sander. Love it.

Saturday, May 7, 2011

Still building

It has been a busy week, but I am still building the cartopper. Just putting the finishing touches on the interior. namely building the seats.  Instead of having a removable seat I decided on two permanant ones attached to the side panels with t-88 epoxy. I am also going to build a provision for a mast just in case I decide to build a centerboard and sail it.

Monday, May 2, 2011


So I developed an allergy to all the fiberglass. I wear a mask, but it forced me to not sand the interior of the boat any more than I already have. Which is okay. There are several ugly spots in the interior, but this was an experiment with stitch and glue construction more than anything. So it looks like this will be my last boat of that type. I'm looking at a few different clinker ply boats now for my next project. Anyway, here is the interior primed and waiting for a scotchbrite pad.