Sunday, September 26, 2010

Cartopper Progress

It hasn't been long since I decided to build a bolger cartopper before continuing on the minuet. Well, it looks like this is going to be a pretty quick build. Thus far I have the bits of plywood joined together, The bottom panel, rudder,  and frames marked and ready to be cut out. Which took all of 10 hours to do, including lunch and waiting for resin to dry. So I have a total of maybe 4-5 hours into the project. Honestly, If I were to choose a design again it would definitely be a boat that includes measurements for every piece like the cartopper does. Tracing the plans makes it really easy to make small errors that just keep getting magnified as the build continues. I have a lot of hours to work this week again(50-60). So, I doubt 'll do anything else with the boat for the rest of the week. I will try for progress pictures tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment