Today I finally fiberglassed the hull of my bolger cartopper. I've been dreading this day since the start, but now that i'm finished it wasn't really that big of a deal. I did it in two pieces, one on the port and other starboard. I overlapped the middle by about four inches. Then i started on the bilge panel working from the transom forward, moved on to the bottom panel, then the side panel. On the whole boat I had 1 very small bubble that I sanded through and puttied. My next step is one more coat of resin, building and attaching the stem, priming, painting, then finishing off the interior bits and rub rails.
Total cost so far. $243.68 plus a bit of gas.
I'll spend maybe another $50 to finish it between paint and 3 pieces of wood.